Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Have you ever tried false eyelashes?



About a year ago I met a lady who struck me as being so classy and put together. As I conversed with her, I took note of her eyes, but specifically her lashes. She had these Bambi-like outer lashes that looked tremendous. Now, it was obvious that she had false eyelashes, but she placed them strategically so that they gave her that uplifted, cateye effect. It was subtely dramatic if that makes any sense at all.

I decided that I'd try my hand at applying some false lashes today. Ladies, they are AWESOME!!! So I bought the individual lashes that can be applied to different sections of the eye. Experts say that it's easiest to dip the lashes in a bit of lash adhesive (which should be placed on foil first), then use tweezers to apply the lashes.

I wholeheartedly agree with the tweezers part. Using my fingers was just too obtrusive to work in that small space around the eye. I let the glue set then applied a coat of mascara. These lashes look beautiful!

If you would like to try your hand at this, then you can find very inexpensive individual or whole sections of lashes at any drugstore. The brand I picked up is at Walgreens--it's called Andrea.

Also, if you are scared to do these lashes yourself, I have been told that the ladies at MAC cosmetic counters are trained in this area. They have different sets of lashes to choose from, as well.

Live in color!
Lauren

2 comments:

DWJ said...

I love, love, love false lashes. Make Up For Ever has some very fun ones. I did some wild and crazy ones (shown on my profile pic) for an Obama party around the inauguration! Very fun.

Color My Closet said...

Thanks for the tip on Make Up For Ever. LOVE your funky blue ones :)