Thursday, February 26, 2009

Affordable couture



At the top of my wardrobe basics list is a great 3 to 5 piece suit. The problem is that many of my clients struggle with finding their right color, fit and/or suit combination. It is rare to find a 5-piece suit (blazer, vest, pant, skirt and bermuda short combination), much less to find one in your ideal color.

I, too, have struggled to find just the right suit. Suits feel too stuffy to me, and I want mine to look more funky than most. Enter Mary Denney, clothing designer and owner of MLD Limited, right here in Houston, Texas. Mary has been in the apparel business for decades, and she specializes in what she calls affordable couture. Working with both brides and women like me wanting wardrobe basics, Mary believes that if you can dream it, she can create it.

I have my first appointment with Mary this week to have a 3-piece white suit made. I simply couldn't find my right white anywhere, or anything with the fit I want. Anyway, who wants to look generic? Several of my clients want to see my results so I'll keep you posted with some pics..... as soon as my suit is done!

Live in color!
Lauren

No comments: