Friday, February 6, 2009

What's up with the neon?


Ah.....fresh fashions abound this year!
Can you believe that spring is just around the corner? And can you believe that neon---yes, 80s style neon---is in style again? I laugh as I remember some of the neon outfits I created in my younger years. Yes, neon is truly meant for the younger scene, so how do we incorporate it as adults, or should we?

This, my friends, is a matter of fashion personality and boldness. If you choose to do neon, I suggest doing it sparingly in the way of a bracelet, scarf or handbag...maybe even as a tank under a t-shirt. The key as with other trends is subtlety. What we see parading on the runway is generally exaggerated and very flamboyant, so avoid using too much neon in real life.

Live in color!
Lauren

No comments: